Thursday, December 17, 2009

Prompt 6

The studnets could be learning things each and every single day and all year. If you sit down and actually listen to the students they mite just listen to you.. For instance if they are sharing there story with you listen to them dont just ignore them and not pay attention to them. When students want to talk about something they want to talk about it. They should be able to get their feelings out. They should be able to share what they want to talk about when they want to talk about it. For instance when I was sitting with one of the children student x and working on the assignment. I said wow your drawing is really nice. Who is in that picture that you drew of? The picture that she drew was of her child. Sitting down and talking with her. I realize that it would be very hard to b a teen mom. While talking with student X I realize that life is hard in general yet here she is staying in school and getting her education. She is trying to provide the best for her child just like her mom is trying to provide the best for her. Parents and teachers or even volunteers should show that they care. they should show that somethings mean alot to others. Ms. X is sometimes understanding to students but not always sometimes when students need help they can't find it. They have to wait forever to get help from a teacher. I remember when I was a student in high school and if teachers used to ignore students that have questions it would annoy me especially if I was that student. If I was to sit down and discuss with Ms. X about how students felt it would be a long and drawn out talk. I was talking with one student one day and she said I like you bette then Ms. X and I said why. She said it was because of the fact that I helped them more. They liked the fact that I listened to them as people not just as students.

No comments:

Post a Comment